Seven Reasons to hire EPIC as your Public Policy Advocate
- Results - Hiring a public policy advocate is one of the most important and effective steps you can take for your group to advocate for your issue. There is no replacement for having representation in the center of political influence, advocating for your interests with a daily presence at the state or national level. Having a full-time representation builds your credibility and demonstrates your commitment to your issue.
- Cost Effective - Information gathered with real time technologies and knowing the background on stories and issues will help you make decisions with the best available knowledge. Gathering information on who to talk to, where to find them, when to meet them, and what to say, is time and labor intensive and often not cost effective for many groups or individuals. EPIC Policy advocates can have this information in advance of your retaining their services and can advocate for many clients at one time.
- Knowledge is power - Knowing the political landscape is crucial for your organization, company or industry. EPIC Policy Group provides important services such as legislative knowledge, contacts, the skills of negotiations and consensus-building, knowing which elected or appointed official to contact for your specific issue. Knowing who to communicate with gets results. Knowing people and personalities, party leaders, committee chairpersons and their staff is half the battle.
- Relationships - A good public policy advocate can be counted on to have the relationships and network of contacts. Moving elected officials with impassioned pleas requires someone in the presence of legislators, smoothing corners and making connections on your behalf.
- Experience with government process - Processes such as grassroots, issues management helps a public policy advocate understand elected officials particular and specific challenges, whether your organization needs a government grant, a government contract. EPIC Policy advocates understand politician’s obstacles to getting intervention and resolution for your issue.
- Experience with marketing - Advertising and/or public relations can prepare a public policy advocate for the many ways a client can communicate their message to the public or elected officials and can assist you with identifying your target audience, as well as assist you with developing your message.
- Reputation - Above all an excellent public policy advocate has a good reputation in their community and good relations with individuals. A public policy advocate with a good reputation, choosing reputable clients with rational issues, and charging reasonable rates, can act ethically on their client’s behalf.